Call for Abstracts
The Scientific Committee of the 8th European Regional Conference of the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine invites you to submit an abstract for the Conference to be held in Split, Croatia, from the 11th to 13th May 2023.
The deadline for abstract submission will be available at a later stage.
Abstracts for oral presentations and posters are invited in areas relevant to breastfeeding medicine.
Authors must register for the 8th ABM European Regional Conference to present their accepted abstracts. The presenting author (paper or poster) submitting an abstract will receive a 15% discount on registration rates.
Who should submit?
Abstracts may be submitted by physicians, medical students, and other health professionals or students. All abstracts submitted must have a medical practitioner (physician) as one of the authors. Early submission will be appreciated. Please email Anita Pavicic Bosnjak at firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.
What to submit?
We encourage submissions of original research, on the topics of medical education, community projects, medications and breastfeeding or other clinical experience related to breastfeeding.
How to submit?
You and all co-authors must log in to this website using your email address. You do not need to register for the Conference to submit an abstract. Once logged into your account; complete the form and click ‘Submit’ to submit it for review. Please indicate if the abstract is to be considered for an oral presentation or poster, or for a poster only.
All information presented in abstracts must conform to the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes and subsequent WHA Resolutions.
Presenters will be required to disclose any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest that may have a direct bearing on the subject matter of the presentation. This includes disclosures of any financial interest/arrangement or affiliation with any organizations that could be perceived as a conflict of interest in the context of the subject matter of their presentation.
- The deadline for abstract submission will be available at a later stage.
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be considered.
- Abstracts must not be more than 350 words.
- The abstract title should be no more than 20 words.
- The abstract should then follow the structure: Background, Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusions. If your abstract does not fit into this format, please choose alternative headings that are appropriate, but you should always have a final statement on implications for clinical practise or research.
- If abbreviations are used, the abbreviated term should be written out in full the first time it is used.
- Tables and graphs can be submitted with your abstract as an attached image document. Allowed formats are gif, png, jpg, jpeg, tif, tiff, pdf. Please remember to insert the reference (Table 1, Figure 1, etc.) in the abstract.
- You do not need to submit a PDF version of the abstract alongside the form.
Posters will be displayed on a free-standing board. More information on the size of the poster and poster instructions will follow after the acceptance of your abstract.
Oral presentation guidelines
There will be 12 opportunities for 15-minute paper presentations (10 minutes presentation and 5 minutes for questions). More information on oral presentation guidelines will follow after the acceptance of your abstract.
The Scientific Committee will evaluate abstracts based on scientific quality, educational value, contribution to the field, originality, and clarity. At the time of submission, you will be asked to indicate a preference for oral or poster presentation. However, the final decision on the type of presentation is made by the Scientific Committee. We aim to notify authors of acceptance or rejection of their submission by February 1st, 2023.
ABM CONFERENCE, SPLIT 2023, SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
Anita Pavičić Bošnjak, Chair; contact: email@example.com
Adriano Cattaneo, Vice-Chair; contact: firstname.lastname@example.org